31 July 2020
Tamilcube Lesson arrangements from 1st August
If you have not done already, please refer to the revised classroom and Online LIVE schedules and Submit your confirmation of timeslot before attending the lesson.
Online LIVE Lessons
Lesson Schedule: Please refer to the revised Online Live Lessons schedule.
To download materials: No change to the current procedure. The materials will be uploaded by 4pm every Thursday. You will login and download from Tamilcube Academy as usual.
To join Zoom lesson: No change to the current procedure. The password also remains the same. You can join from Tamilcube Academy or by clicking the respective Join link in the Link Invitation webpage as usual.
Lesson Schedule: Please refer to the revised Classroom Lessons schedule.
Declaration Form: Every student taking classroom lesson has to submit declaration form before attending the lesson.
Covid-19 Precautionary measures:
Please refer to the Covid-19 Notice for a full list of precautionary measures to be followed by students and parents.
The health and safety of students, parents and staff is the top priority at Tamilcube. We will implement all the latest health and safety measures advised by the government agencies including MOE. Below are some safe-distancing measures we will be implementing:
- Only students and staff will be allowed inside the premises.
- We will ensure 1m safe disatnce is maintained within and outside the classrooms.
- All the students, teachers and staff must wear mask all the time.
- All surfaces in classrooms will be thoroughly disinfected between classes.
- We will ensure at least 30 minutes gap between classes in all our classrooms.
- We will ensure strict separation of students from different classes. [Parents are encouraged to drop off and pick up children promptly to avoid students lingering in waiting areas.]
- Parents are advised to follow safe-distancing measures while waiting outside the centre to drop off / pick up the student.
Please do not send the student to classroom lesson when:
- The student, or a family member living in the same household, has fever or respiratory symptoms, such as sneezing, breathlessness, runny nose, loss of smell, cough, or sore throat.
- The student is placed on Leave of Absence (LOA) or Approved Absence (AA) .
- The student is on a Stay Home Notice (SHN)
- The student is on a Home Quarantine Order (HQO)
27h July 2020
Resuming of Tamilcube GOLD™ Classroom lessons
We would like to thank all the parents for taking time to submit your preference of program for moving forward from August onwards. You have indicated that still many of you prefer to continue with Online LIVE lessons. We would like to confirm that most of Online LIVE lessons will continue.
We are delighted to announce the resuming of classroom lessons at Little India and Yishun Centres from 1st August.
Based on the demand and availability of resources, we have done our best to schedule the time slots to meet the preference of most of the parents. Some of the highlights are:
- Little India: Friday and Saturday (first batch) lessons will resume from 1st August.
- Yishun: Saturday (first batch) lessons will resume from 1st August.
- Tampines and Jurong East: Classroom lessons will not resume immediately. We may review it if there is sufficient demand in future. Please continue with Online LIVE lessons.
- Based on the demand, all preschool lessons will continue only Online LIVE.
Please refer to the revised classroom and Online LIVE schedules. Submit your confirmation of timeslot.
For those attending the classroom lessons, please take note that the health and safety of our students, parents and staff are our top priority. In the next few days, we will announce the Covid-19 precautionary measures we have planned.
For those attending the Online LIVE lessons, please note that we will bring more enhancements to the online experience. One example is the new arrangement for marking of students’ works (especially for compo for P3 onwards). The teachers will explain the details of submission for marking during the lessons this week.
Thank you for all your support!
09 July 2020
July Week 2 – Materials ready
This week’s materials are ready on TamilCube Academy!
To download materials:Login and click the logged in name on the top right. You will see a link to courses. Click the course. Then, Click the Start Course / Continue Course button on top. On the next page, click start course button.
To join the Zoom lessons:Click on the link “TamilCube GOLD live lessons”. You will see the list of lessons.
08 July 2020
Public Holiday – No lessons on 10th July
No Tamilcube lessons on 10th July due to public holiday. Students can take make up lesson on Saturday or Sunday.
Please refer to Parents section of Tamilcube GOLD App for class schedule.
06 July 2020
Tamilcube GOLD App Updated
Now the App allows you to:
- View Fees Schedule 2020
- View payment methods
- Submit proof of payment
- Submit leave request
- Submit make up lesson request
24 June 2020
We are deligheted to announce the release of revamped Tamilcube GOLD Mobile App for iOS and Android. The App allows to keep in touch with Tamilcube. Never miss any announcements from Tamilcube!
Following are some of the features of the Tamilcube GOLD Mobile App:
- View class schedule, locations, latest announcements and more
- View payment methods
- View Terms and Conditions
- and more…
- Access Tamilcube’s Modern Student’s Tamil Dictionary
- Buy books and resources from Singapore’s largest online Tamil bookshop.
- Learn, revise and practice for Tamil exams online through E-Learning portal.
23 April 2020
In line with the extended Covid-19 measures, Tamilcube GOLD LIVE online lessons will continue through May.
10th April 2020
Tamilcube GOLD™ LIVE lessons – Security Strategy explained
Today is supposed to be a quiet public holiday in the midst of a month long Circuit Breaker. However, I have been receiving messages from several concerned parents since last night. All that was triggered by the news about Zoom-bombing that happened recently in our own country, and the announcement by MOE requesting their teachers to suspend using of Zoom until they work out the best practices to be followed. Please note that it is not a “ban” rather a “suspension” within MOE.
What is Zoom-Bombing?
Zoom-bombing is the term for when individuals “gate-crash” Zoom meetings. These uninvited guests share their screens to bombard real attendees with disturbing imagery.
Why Zoom-Bombing happens?
Most attacks exploit publicly available Zoom links. It is not a technological weakness in Zoom that allows these events to occur. It is a matter of the host not knowing all the features of the tool and how to use them. It happens when a meeting is set up ignoring even the basic security feature such as setting a password. Most hosts may set up meetings using just the default settings. Zoom-bombing can be prevented by using the right security settings and features.
What Tamilcube is doing?
Zoom-bombing is a real and serious problem. No parent wants to expose their child to this kind of situation. However, it is not new. Others have encountered this situation before and there are established best practices available. Since day one, we are aware of this possibility, and have taken all necessary precautions to prevent it in our environment. All the required security controls are already in place.
This morning, I had an hour long phone call with Zoom Support to concur and finalize the security strategy for our environment. In addition to the existing measures, we are tightening the controls further.
Tamilcube’s Zoom Security Strategy
Let me give you a glimpse of what we have in place for providing the maximum possible security and privacy to our students
- Zoom Business Plan: We are not using the free basic plan or education plan that offer less security features. Instead, we have subscribed to the most expensive Business Plan that allows us to use all the Zoom security features and latest updates.
- 24/7 Zoom support: We have established round the clock phone call support with Zoom that will enable us to consult Zoom for assistance anytime.
- Dedicated IT support team: We have a dedicated IT team that will take care of setting up and monitoring of online lessons. One personnel from the team will be present during each lesson to take care of any security issues arising.
- Password Protected: All our lessons are password protected.
- Waiting Room: This is a very very powerful control. Everyone entering will be first sent to the Waiting Room, and will be added to the lesson one by one. our IT team will be vigilant and remove any intruder from the Waiting Room itself without giving them any chance to even enter the actual classroom.
- Screen Sharing Disabled: Except the teacher, no one else is allowed to share screen. This is to prevent image sharing by any intruder.
- Private Chat Disabled: This is to prevent intruders from using chat.
- Mic is Muted: Upon entry into the room everyone’s mic is muted, and only enabled by the teacher selectively.
The above are just the main controls in place. There are more. I do not want to bombard you with more technical jargon. So, let us continue…
Changing the platform is not the correct solution now. Every platform will have vulnerabilities if we do not know how to set it up for maximum security. We assure you that with proper security settings, features, controls and IT support in place, our Zoom environment is safe to use.
With your continued support, we will continue with Zoom platform for our lessons.
Rest assured that you are in good hands. Stay Safe!
A T Pillai
Tamilcube Learning Centre
9th April 2020
Due to the public holiday, there will not be any lessons tomorrow. Students may take make up lesson on Saturday / Sunday.
We have sent SMS and Email with the link to the materials and invitation link to the lessons for this week.
3rd April 2020
Tamilcube GOLD™ LIVE – Invitation Link to lessons
Please refer to the following for links to join each of the LIVE lessons via Zoom Meeting.
[Please note that we have sent you the password to enter the LIVE lesson separately.]
2nd April 2020
Tamilcube GOLD™ LIVE Kit – April Week 1
We are providing the Kit for all levels in PDF for April first week. Please print the PDF files and keep ready before the start of the LIVE lesson. Marking will be done by the teacher once the classroom lessons resume in May. Please note that the Kit for this week is available for download only until 2:00 pm this Sunday.
We will send the link to LIVE lesson separately.
If you have not paid the April fees yet, please do so before the start of the lesson.
Kids (3 to 5 Yrs): Tamilcube LIVE Kit April Week 1
K2 (6 to 7 Yrs): Tamilcube LIVE Kit April Week 1
P1: Tamilcube LIVE Kit April Week 1
P2: Tamilcube LIVE Kit April Week 1
P3: Tamilcube LIVE Kit April Week 1
P4: Tamilcube LIVE Kit April Week 1
P5: Tamilcube LIVE Kit April Week 1
P6: Tamilcube LIVE Kit April Week 1
Sec 1: Tamilcube-LIVE-Kit-Apr-Week 1
Sec 2: Tamilcube-LIVE-Kit-Apr-Week 1
Sec 3: Tamilcube-LIVE-Kit-Apr-Week 1
Sec 4: Tamilcube-LIVE-Kit-Apr-Week 1
01 April 2020
Tamilcube GOLD™ LIVE Program – Class Schedule
Please refer to the following for the class schedule of Tamilcube GOLD LIVE lessons:
Most of the lessons follow the actual classroom timings. A few lessons have been shifted slightly.
We will send you the Tamilcube Live Kit by tomorrow. We will send you the Invitation link to join the LIVE lessons at least 1 hour before the start of the lesson.
30 March 2020
Tamilcube GOLD™ LIVE Program – Details
Tamilcube GOLD™ LIVE Program for all levels starts from 3rd April onwards. The program consists of three important components as below:
- Tamilcube LIVE lessons
- Tamilcube LIVE Kit
- Tamilcube Academy
Our team has spent a lot of time in planning and preparing the materials so that the same high quality as the classroom teaching is maintained in delivering the online lessons as well. We seek the support and cooperation of the parents and students to join us in our journey in combating covid-19 together!
1. Tamilcube GOLD™ LIVE lessons
A Tamilcube LIVE lesson is an online lesson delivered through Video Conferencing by the teacher. Every lesson is of 1.5 hour duration similar to the classroom lessons. It is a two-way and interactive lesson just like a physical classroom.
We have chosen ZOOM as the tool for delivering Tamilcube LIVE. It is one of the most popular tools in the market and the students and parents are familiar with it.
You will need a PC / Laptop with camera, speaker and mic, and a headset / earphone. Or, you can also connect through your mobile devices such as mobile phone or tablet.
For joining the Tamilcube LIVE lesson, please download and install Zoom Meeting App to your Laptop or Mobile immediately, and get ready in advance.
Download Zoom desktop client for meetings
Those who have already made fees payment for April will receive an invitation link to join the live lesson at least 30 minutes before the start of the lesson. We will send the link to the registered mobile phone (SMS) and email. You can simply click the link and join the lesson.
2. Tamilcube GOLD™ LIVE Kit
We have already issued practice books to every student. In addition to this, we will send a Kit that consists of additional materials and instructions (PDF). The link to the kit will be sent through SMS and email by every Friday to those who have already made fees payment for April . Please print the materials in advance and keep it ready for use during the Tamilcube LIVE lesson.
3. Tamilcube Academy
Tamilcube Academy is Singapore’s most popular Tamil E-Learning Portal. It consists of plenty of interactive resources for all levels from Preschool to Secondary based on the latest MOE syllabus. If you have not done so, please register now. It is FREE!
From time to time, the teacher will direct the student to do extra practice using certain resources form Tamilcube Academy.
As much as possible, we will conduct the LIVE lessons following the same classroom schedule of the student. In some cases, we may contact the parent separately if any rescheduling is required. If we do not contact you, your schedule is not impacted.
If you have any questions with regards to the program, please contact 98501472 sending a whatsapp message.
27 March 2020
Practice From Home – 27, 28 and 29th March 2020
As announced yesterday, we are providing materials (PDF) for this week. Please print the PDF files and ask the student to complete the work and file the worksheets. Marking will be done by the teacher once the classroom lessons resume in May.
For further practice, please register and use our Tamil E-Learning Portal Tamilcube Academy.
Kids (3 to 5 Yrs): Home Practice Paper Kids
K2 (6 to 7 Yrs): Home Practice Paper K2
P1: Home practice Paper P1
P2: Home Practice Paper P2
P3: Home Practice Paper P3
P4: Home Practice Paper P4
P5: Home Practice Paper P5
P6: Home Practice Paper P6
Sec 1: Home practice Paper S1
Sec 2: Home practice Paper S2
Sec 3: Home practice Paper S3
Sec 4: Home practice Paper S4
26 March 2020
Arrangements for Tamilcube Lessons until 3o April 2020
Tamilcube complies with all Covid-19 measures. The Singapore government has instructed the Learning Centres, including Tamilcube, to suspend class-based lessons at least until 30 April 2020.
We are aware that Semester 1 Exams are not far away. And also, the students preparing for the mile-stone national exams such as PSLE and O-Level need intensive practice. To avoid any interruption to their studies, Tamilcube will implement the following measures for all levels including Preschool, Primary and Secondary:
- All Lessons For this week (27, 28 and 29th March): While we are getting ready for Online Live Lessons, the lessons for this week will be suspended. Instead we will give home work by sending PDF worksheets and through our E-Learning Portal. [Details will be sent separately by tomorrow.]
- All Lessons in April: Tamilcube lessons will be conducted as Online Live Lessons using video conferencing and E-Learning Portal. Students will join in from their homes. This arrangement will be in place from next week until at least 30 April. [Details will be sent separately by next week.]
To connect to our Live Online Lessons, please get ready a Laptop with camera and headphone. You can connect from your mobile device too.
How do we conduct online lessons?
The teacher conducts the live online lesson from Tamilcube HQ through Video Conferencing. Students join in from their homes. A link to the live online lesson will be sent to all the students who have already made payment for April. [Details of the Video Conferencing Tool will be announced next week.]
Digital Payment of Fees
During this period, we request the parents to make fees payment using digital methods such as Online Banking, ATM Banking or PayNow. Please refer to Payment Options available. Once any digital payment is made, please send a screenshot / photo of the payment receipt together with the name of the student to 98501472.
Tamilcube Managing Director’s Interview on Vasantham News
Some details were announced by our Managing Director yesterday in an interview with MediaCorp Seithi which was telecast last night. If you have missed it, below is the link to the video:
Want to know more about Tamilcube Academy?
கற்பித்தல் முறைகள் அதிவேக மாற்றம் கண்டுவரும் காலம் இது.மாணவர்களுக்குத் தமிழ்மொழி மீது ஆர்வத்தை அதிகரிக்கச் செய்ய மின்னிலக்க நடவடிக்கைகள் ஓர் இன்றியமையாத அம்சமாக மாறியுள்ளன.Posted by Seithi.Mediacorp on Sunday, 21 April 2019
Let us do our part to combat the COVID-19 virus. Tamilcube seeks your full cooperation and support during this critical time.